* 1 cup of arborio rice
* 4 cups milk, 2 cups of milk to start with and 2 for later
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/3-1/2 cup sugar
* seasonings…I used 2 tsp vanilla and about half a teaspoon each of cinnamon and cardamom in this batch.
1. Mix 2 c milk, rice, salt, sugar, and seasonings in crock pot.
2. Cook on high, stirring occasionally until the liquid is absorbed, a couple hours.
2. Beat 2 eggs and 2 c of milk together, mix in half of the thick rice-stuff to temper the milk and eggs (cooling the rice and warming the milk+eggs, letting you mix the two without cooking the eggs), and then mix the rice and eggs back into the crockpot.
3. Cook for half hour or so, stirring occasionally, until it starts to thicken again. It will thicken much more as it cools.
4. Let cool and enjoy